Don't be stuck with Pentaho!
hit the ground running with Apache Hop now!
What's happening with Pentaho?
Many organizations have invested heavily in Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) over the years.
The software may be free, the time it takes to build a data engineering project with hundreds or more jobs and transformations definitely is not.
Unfortunately, development in PDI has largely stalled. There are new releases, but old bugs remain unfixed and new functionality is rare.
Upgrade to Hop!
Why switch to Hop?
Apache Hop started from the same code base as Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle). Hop is an entirely independent platform, but the shared history allows you to switch easily from PDI to Hop.
Hop keeps what works in PDI: the visual development and metadata-driven approach, but aims for more:
- New UI: Spoon has been replaced by Hop Gui: a new UI that allows non-developers to be more productive than ever before. Hop Gui can be used on the desktop or in the browser.
- Life cycle management: manage projects and environments from within the Hop GUI.
- Pluggable runtime engines: design a pipeline once, run on the native Hop engine or on Apache Spark, Apache Flink, or Google Dataflow.
- Integrated testing: design, run and test your workflows and pipelines without leaving the Hop GUI.
- DevOps ready: Hop is built to be deployed in any environment, on-premise or in the cloud, and integrates with your IaC, CI/CD, and other platforms.
What's in it for me?
PDI may be getting close to its end of life, that doesn't mean your project has to be.
Even though Hop and PDI are incompatible, PDI jobs and transformations can be imported into Hop with one click of a button.
The PDI jobs and transformations are automatically converted to workflows and pipelines, variables and database connections are imported into a Hop project. It really is that easy!
With this new start, there are plenty of opportunities. Reach out to us and we will make it a start to remember. With the right setup and a correct migration, the possibilities are almost endless. We are here to help, each step of the way.
What's the catch?
There isn't one. The Apache Software Foundation is the world's most reliable open-source organization.
know.bi is a core contributor to Apache Hop, we know both PDI and Hop inside out. You're in good hands.
So there is only one thing left to do: upgrade Now! Leave your details to find out more about Hop and find out how Hop can breathe new life into your PDI project. We'll be in touch soon!